Lauren Pincus joined the Firm as an associate in 2011 and became a partner in 2016. A commercial litigator, with a background in transactional law, Lauren’s practice focuses on the representation of clients in high-stakes litigation arising out of complex financial and securities transactions, from initial investigation through trial and appeal.
Lauren’s practice also has experience on a broad range of other matters, involving contract, corporate, cross-border, real estate, labor and employment, and bankruptcy matters. Lauren draws on her diverse legal experience, including in banking and other transactional matters, to advise clients and craft creative solutions to their problems.
Proficient in French and Spanish, Lauren has a particular interest in international matters. She has worked with human rights NGOs in Argentina, Hungary and New York on issues of judicial reform, discrimination and freedom of expression.
Before joining the Firm, Lauren was an associate in the banking department of Allen & Overy LLP.
- B.A., Cornell University
- J.D., cum laude, New York University School of Law, McKay Scholar; Notes Editor, Journal of International Law & Politics
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
Lauren is a member of the New York City Bar Association and served as the Secretary of the In-House/Outside Litigation Counsel Working Group.
- Representation of defendants in connection with fraud claims arising out of two collateralized debt obligation funds resulting in jury verdict for defendants.
- Representation of European financial institutions and investment funds in Chapter 11 and 15 proceedings arising out of a Ponzi scheme.
- Representation of monoline insurer in connection with Minnesota Trust Instruction Proceeding.
- Representation of pharmaceutical distributor in connection with claims brought by state and local governments arising out of distribution of opioids.
- Representation of monoline insurers and indenture trustee in RMBS litigations.
- Representation of large accounting firm in action alleging negligence, indemnification and contribution.
- Defense of numerous wage and hour claim cases.
- Representation of debt opportunity fund in connection with chapter 11 cases of multi-family and retail projects.
- Representation of plaintiff in connection with breach of employment contract litigation.
- Representation of defendants in action alleging breach of consulting contract.
- Representation of hospitality concern in employment matters.
- Conducted internal investigations into alleged sexual harassment claims.