Bianca Lin joined the Firm as an associate in 2015 and became a partner in 2022.
Bianca focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation but also has experience in corporate, securities, and other transactional matters. As a result of her experience in both civil (Taiwan) and common law legal systems, Bianca brings a unique perspective and ability to protecting the interests of international clients in the United States.
Bianca has extensive experience representing clients in various industries in complex disputes involving contracts, securities, corporate governance, business torts, bankruptcy, products liability, and real estate. She works with clients through all stages of litigation, from initial fact investigation and strategic analysis through discovery, motion practice, trial, and appeal.
Following law school, Bianca worked at Jones Day in Taipei in dispute resolution and transactional matters.
Bianca is fluent in Mandarin and proficient in Japanese.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law
- LL.B., National Taiwan University, College of Law
- National Taiwan University Presidential Award
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Representation of European banks, financial institutions and investment funds in Chapter 11 and 15 proceedings arising out of the Madoff Ponzi scheme and the bankruptcy of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities.
- Representation of an investment firm and its principal in defense of fraud claims arising out of two collateralized debt obligation funds resulting in jury verdict for defendants.
- Representation of former senior executives and shareholders against a leading metals trading company and its management in litigation involving claims of share dilution, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and other related issues arising from intricate shareholding and other agreements.
- Representation of a Hong Kong-based toy manufacturer in connection with breach of contract and alter ego claims against an U.S. entity and its affiliates and individuals.
- Representation of indenture trustee and monoline insurers in a residential mortgage-backed securities put-back action.
- Representation of more than 10 pharmacies, including an international pharmacy, in defense of fraud, importation, trademark, RICO, and unjust enrichment claims brought by a pharmaceutical company for the pharmacies’ alleged sales of international versions of blood glucose test strips in the U.S. Representation of more than 60 pharmacies in response to the subpoenas issued in connection with this action.
- Representation of a Chinese supplier in an appeal involving complex contract dispute following a jury verdict in the district court.
- Advised a foreign bank lender in connection with the foreclosure of a hotel.
- Representation of the owner of an apartment building in connection with litigation concerning the ownership and management of the apartment building.
- Advised a Taiwan-based blockchain developer and cryptocurrency company with respect to U.S. securities laws.
- Representation of a creditor in connection with breach of loan agreement and commercial foreclosure.
- Representation of an investment firm wrongly named in product liability lawsuits.
- Representation of a financial company in connection with breach of participation agreement.
- Representation of an out-of-state company in defense of claims related to patent rights resulting in dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Representation of a software company in breach of contract action in connection with installation of software at one of the largest banks.
- Representation of an international logistic services company in defense of wrongful termination claims brought by its employee.
- Representation of an optical company in connection with employment disputes.
- Representation of a beneficiary in a complex will contest litigation.
- Advised a China-based furniture company in connection with the bankruptcy of its debtor in the U.S.
- Assisted in representation of a partner in joint venture dispute concerning the development of a shopping mall.
- Assisted in representation of a leading global manufacturer of flavor-enhancer in connection with the investigation concerning controlled substance compliance.
Book Review of Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts, (New York County Lawyers Association, West’s New York Practice Series, 5th Ed. 2020), Int’l L. Practicum, 2022 (co-author)
From Tesla to the Use of Social Media and Public Company’s Disclosure of Material Information, Commercial Times, Aug. 15, 2018 (Chinese).
Securitized Loans in Bankruptcy, Mortgage and Asset Backed Securities Litigation Handbook, West® Legalworks, 2017 (section co-author).